Survey conducted by the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, Rutgers University
Sponsored by the New Jersey Small Business Development Center (NJSBDC) with funds provided by the U.S. Cares Act from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Field Dates: November 4 – December 1, 2020
- Over 4,000 survey attempts; 2,700 responses (includes valid terminations, partial responses less than20%, partial responses 20%–99%, and 100% completes).
- 2,070 valid responses (owners/decision-makers, minimum 51% based in New Jersey, completed and partial; all others were terminated or filtered out).
- 1,434 “submitted/completed” surveys (in Qualtrics, respondent hit “submit” button).
- 1,451 respondents reached Q71 (last question of the survey/some did refuse certain questions).
- Each question is based on either the total sample that saw the question (which includes refusals) or answered the question (excludes refusals), unless otherwise noted.
- Percentages may not total 100% due to rounding.
- Value of (*) indicates response of less than 1%.
- “Refused” responses indicate the respondent refused to answer the question. Responses to questions were not forced to encourage the respondent to complete as many questions as possible.
- Check all that apply questions do not total 100%.
- In most cases, “Not applicable” or “None/not needed” responses were single responses only; multiple responses were allowed for all other choices.